Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Gridview Template Columns & SqlDataSource UpdateQuery

Gridview Template Columns & SqlDataSource UpdateQuery

M1iS

I have a GridView control with a template column that I use to display my
record data. I’ve included an EditItemTemplate with textboxes bound to the
GridView for editing. On my SqlDataSource I need to link up my parameters to
the bound textboxes in my EditItemTemplate, but when I try to configure my
UpdateQuery property I don’t see any parameter source options that will allow
me to so. Is it possible to link template columns up to a SqlDataSource in
this way?
--
Scott W.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

M1iS wrote:
> I have a GridView control with a template column that I use to
> display my record data. I've included an EditItemTemplate with
> textboxes bound to the GridView for editing. On my SqlDataSource I
> need to link up my parameters to the bound textboxes in my
> EditItemTemplate, but when I try to configure my UpdateQuery property
> I don't see any parameter source options that will allow me to so.
> Is it possible to link template columns up to a SqlDataSource in this
> way?

recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Mike Brind

"M1iS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a GridView control with a template column that I use to display my
> record data. I've included an EditItemTemplate with textboxes bound to
> the
> GridView for editing. On my SqlDataSource I need to link up my parameters
> the bound textboxes in my EditItemTemplate, but when I try to configure my
> UpdateQuery property I don't see any parameter source options that will
> allow
> me to so. Is it possible to link template columns up to a SqlDataSource
> in
> this way?

This group covers classic asp. ASP.Net is totally different. Try
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet. Or try the Quickstart Tutorials
on www.asp.net

sqlDataSource UpdateQuery withe stored procedure and parameters? Scott.Metzger ASP .Net 4 10-06-2009 07:28 AM
UpdateQuery problem etam ASP .Net 4 05-21-2007 10:26 PM
template columns and bound columns in gridview Vinki ASP .Net Web Controls 2 04-25-2007 04:22 PM
Gridview Template Columns & SqlDataSource UpdateQuery M1iS ASP .Net Web Controls 0 02-03-2007 05:42 PM
Align table columns with gridview columns Jacksm ASP .Net 2 11-21-2006 09:49 PM

Advertisments