Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > letter be is inserted into numbers as digit group separator

letter be is inserted into numbers as digit group separator

aa

when I ourput data from Access, numbers bigger than 999 are shown with
letter "B" inserted into the 4th position left to the coma. (in my w2k
regional settings I have the decimal dot separator set to "." and digit
group separater set to nothing. In Access the number are shown with "." as
decimal separator, but for some reason ASP used "," instead)
Say, 3000,00 is shown as 3B 000,00
Why and how do I sort this out?

Douglas J. Steele

Likely the server on which ASP is running has different Regional Settings
than the computer where Access is running.

Try explicitly formatting the numbers.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"aa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> when I ourput data from Access, numbers bigger than 999 are shown with
> letter "B" inserted into the 4th position left to the coma. (in my w2k
> regional settings I have the decimal dot separator set to "." and digit
> group separater set to nothing. In Access the number are shown with "." as
> decimal separator, but for some reason ASP used "," instead)
> Say, 3000,00 is shown as 3B 000,00
> Why and how do I sort this out?

Baz

What do you mean by "output data from Access"? How are you outputting it,
and what software are you using to view the output data?

"aa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> when I ourput data from Access, numbers bigger than 999 are shown with
> letter "B" inserted into the 4th position left to the coma. (in my w2k
> regional settings I have the decimal dot separator set to "." and digit
> group separater set to nothing. In Access the number are shown with "." as
> decimal separator, but for some reason ASP used "," instead)
> Say, 3000,00 is shown as 3B 000,00
> Why and how do I sort this out?

aa

Everything is on local w2k and Personal Web Server

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Likely the server on which ASP is running has different Regional Settings
> than the computer where Access is running.
>
> Try explicitly formatting the numbers.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "aa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > when I ourput data from Access, numbers bigger than 999 are shown with
> > letter "B" inserted into the 4th position left to the coma. (in my w2k
> > regional settings I have the decimal dot separator set to "." and digit
> > group separater set to nothing. In Access the number are shown with "."

as
> > decimal separator, but for some reason ASP used "," instead)
> > Say, 3000,00 is shown as 3B 000,00
> > Why and how do I sort this out?

aa

ASP
The query is stored in MDB file and when open in Access all the numbers look
OK
View in IE6
But why "B"? What is "B"?
"Baz" <(E-Mail Removed)1net.CAPScom> wrote in message
news:45ba0ab5$0$32012$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What do you mean by "output data from Access"? How are you outputting it,
> and what software are you using to view the output data?
>
> "aa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > when I ourput data from Access, numbers bigger than 999 are shown with
> > letter "B" inserted into the 4th position left to the coma. (in my w2k
> > regional settings I have the decimal dot separator set to "." and digit
> > group separater set to nothing. In Access the number are shown with "."

as
> > decimal separator, but for some reason ASP used "," instead)
> > Say, 3000,00 is shown as 3B 000,00
> > Why and how do I sort this out?

Baz

I think you are more likely to get an answer from the ASP people than the
Access people.

"aa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> applying ASP function FormatNumber() with digit groups separation disabled
> sorted the problem out.
> But I still curious where that "B" came from
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Likely the server on which ASP is running has different Regional

Settings
> > than the computer where Access is running.
> >
> > Try explicitly formatting the numbers.
> >
> > --
> > Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> > http://I.Am/DougSteele
> > (no e-mails, please!)
> >

> > "aa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > when I ourput data from Access, numbers bigger than 999 are shown

with
> > > letter "B" inserted into the 4th position left to the coma. (in my w2k
> > > regional settings I have the decimal dot separator set to "." and

digit
> > > group separater set to nothing. In Access the number are shown with

"."
> as
> > > decimal separator, but for some reason ASP used "," instead)
> > > Say, 3000,00 is shown as 3B 000,00
> > > Why and how do I sort this out?

aa

applying ASP function FormatNumber() with digit groups separation disabled
sorted the problem out.
But I still curious where that "B" came from

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Likely the server on which ASP is running has different Regional Settings
> than the computer where Access is running.
>
> Try explicitly formatting the numbers.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "aa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > when I ourput data from Access, numbers bigger than 999 are shown with
> > letter "B" inserted into the 4th position left to the coma. (in my w2k
> > regional settings I have the decimal dot separator set to "." and digit
> > group separater set to nothing. In Access the number are shown with "."

as
> > decimal separator, but for some reason ASP used "," instead)
> > Say, 3000,00 is shown as 3B 000,00
> > Why and how do I sort this out?

Anthony Jones

"aa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> applying ASP function FormatNumber() with digit groups separation disabled
> sorted the problem out.
> But I still curious where that "B" came from

We are going to need to see some code if we have any chance helping you.

aa

You think it has to do with the ASP code?
It pretty standard and does not seem to use anything which can relevant to
the problem, but might have to do with some settings on the computer, for it
works OK on my XP-Home notebook, and the problems happen on w2k Pro SP4.
Anyway, the code creates a recordset object and then goes through it
building rows for an HTML table like this:

================================
set objRS=objCom.Execute
dim html_string, c
do while not objRS.eof
c= objRS(2)
objRS.movenext
loop
Response.write html_string
================================

This gets letter "B" inserted
If I change
c= objRS(2)
c= FormatNumber(objRS(2),2,,,0)
then it is OK

"Anthony Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "aa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > applying ASP function FormatNumber() with digit groups separation

disabled
> > sorted the problem out.
> > But I still curious where that "B" came from
> >

> We are going to need to see some code if we have any chance helping you.

Mike Brind