Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ActiveX control "Click to activate and use this control" message

ActiveX control "Click to activate and use this control" message

fniles

For IE users, we now encountered a "Click to activate and use this control"
when the web page has an ActiveX Control.
There is a compatibility patch that changes the default bahavior back to
what it was prior to the April Security update, but it is only temporary.
In the following article
http://capitalhead.com/articles/clic...-kb912812.aspx,
it mentions that the workaround ultimately rests with the website designers
and how they implement the controls into your browser. How do we get around
it ?
Thank you very much.

Igor Tandetnik

http://msdn.microsoft.com/ieupdate/
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/a...ng_activex.asp

--
With best wishes,
Igor Tandetnik

necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to
land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly
overhead. -- RFC 1925

asdf

It could turn out a blessing.

Not that Igor would not know hwo to write a nice atl component,
but arriving at a page I (that is other than from pigs) like to be suprised
intuitively
on what to do or what would happen, without being pushed into deactivating
all but
plain html rendering.

news:%23bGJN8$(E-Mail Removed)...