Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Converting Recordset to CSV

Converting Recordset to CSV

Michael

After reviewing the internet I did not find strong and simple example that
transfer recordset to simple CSV file.

Thanks for any help

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Michael wrote:
> After reviewing the internet I did not find strong and simple example
> that transfer recordset to simple CSV file.
>
> Thanks for any help

There is no single-step method of doing this. Basically, you create a string
containing the csv data and then use FileSystemObject to write it to a file.

The GetString method is very useful for generating the string. Its default
arguments will result in a csv string:

dim rs, s
s=rs.GetString

ASPFAQ has several examples of using the FileSystemObject.
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2039
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"