Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > CDOSYS forms

CDOSYS forms

Basr

My provider removed suddenly the CDONTS from the server. Now I have to
change my forms and I have to use the CDOSYS functionaltity

Till now I used one script that could do the work with one page. I could
send all my forms to that page and this page conveyed all the input by
email.

Now I want to make a script that can do the same job. This is too diffucult
for me. I can make a script for the normal input for email forms but I want
to use forms with far more variables than To, From, Message, etc..

Can someone show me the way to an example of such a script?
Thanks in advance
Marcel

Mike Brind

news:4593b5ff$0$3748$(E-Mail Removed). ..

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=

--
Mike Brind

Basr

Thanks Mike, it will take six weeks to find what I'm looking for!

Marcel

"Mike Brind" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:uf$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Basr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4593b5ff$0$3748$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > My provider removed suddenly the CDONTS from the server. Now I have to
> > change my forms and I have to use the CDOSYS functionaltity
> >
> > Till now I used one script that could do the work with one page. I could
> > send all my forms to that page and this page conveyed all the input by
> > email.
> >
> > Now I want to make a script that can do the same job. This is too
> > diffucult
> > for me. I can make a script for the normal input for email forms but I
> > want
> > to use forms with far more variables than To, From, Message, etc..
> >
> > Can someone show me the way to an example of such a script?
> > Thanks in advance
> > Marcel
> >

> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=
>
> --
> Mike Brind

Kyle Peterson

http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/...ail_cdosys.asp

http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/...ing_cdosys.asp

"Basr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4593b5ff$0$3748$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> My provider removed suddenly the CDONTS from the server. Now I have to
> change my forms and I have to use the CDOSYS functionaltity
>
> Till now I used one script that could do the work with one page. I could
> send all my forms to that page and this page conveyed all the input by
> email.
>
> Now I want to make a script that can do the same job. This is too
> diffucult
> for me. I can make a script for the normal input for email forms but I
> want
> to use forms with far more variables than To, From, Message, etc..
>
> Can someone show me the way to an example of such a script?
> Thanks in advance
> Marcel

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

"Basr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4593e6f7$0$13606$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Thanks Mike, it will take six weeks to find what I'm looking for!
>
> Marcel

No kidding?

The first link on google shows what you need.

Mike Brind

If you can't be bothered, hire a programmer, mate.

"Basr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4593e6f7$0$13606$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Thanks Mike, it will take six weeks to find what I'm looking for!
>
> Marcel
>

> "Mike Brind" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:uf$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Basr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:4593b5ff$0$3748$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> > My provider removed suddenly the CDONTS from the server. Now I have to
>> > change my forms and I have to use the CDOSYS functionaltity
>> >
>> > Till now I used one script that could do the work with one page. I
>> > could
>> > send all my forms to that page and this page conveyed all the input by
>> > email.
>> >
>> > Now I want to make a script that can do the same job. This is too
>> > diffucult
>> > for me. I can make a script for the normal input for email forms but I
>> > want
>> > to use forms with far more variables than To, From, Message, etc..
>> >
>> > Can someone show me the way to an example of such a script?
>> > Thanks in advance
>> > Marcel
>> >

>> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=
>>
>> --
>> Mike Brind

Basr

"Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS)" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in
bericht news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Basr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4593e6f7$0$13606$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > Thanks Mike, it will take six weeks to find what I'm looking for!
> >
> > Marcel
> >

> No kidding?
>
> The first link on google shows what you need.

Thanks
the first item of the link that was given by Mike gives scrips that sends a
message from the webmaster. ("This is the body" in this case)
I do not understand why these examples should be useful for me

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

"Basr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45951cfc$0$3240$(E-Mail Removed). ..

> "Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS)" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in
> bericht news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Basr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:4593e6f7$0$13606$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> > Thanks Mike, it will take six weeks to find what I'm looking for!
>> >
>> > Marcel
>> >

>> No kidding?
>>
>> The first link on google shows what you need.

> Thanks
> the first item of the link that was given by Mike gives scrips that sends
> message from the webmaster. ("This is the body" in this case)
> I do not understand why these examples should be useful for me

If you give us the source of one of your forms, maybe somebody would program
that for you, for free.
It is not difficult at all. Be sure.

If your ISP revoked CDONTS, it would have been very kind of them to provide
conversion samples.

If the code below really does not help you, you can hire a programmer. You
can hire me.

Public Sub SendMail(vFrom, vTo, vSubject, vCc)
Dim cdoConfig, mail, sch
Set cdoConfig = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
Set mail = CreateObject("CDO.Message")

sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
with cdoConfig.fields
.item(sch + "sendpassword").value ="piet1234_"
.item(sch + "sendusername").value = "yourmailaddresscomeshere"
.item(sch + "smtpauthenticate").value = 1 'cdoBasic
.item(sch + "sendusing").value = 2 'cdoSendUsingPort
.item(sch + "smtpserver").value = "the IP or hostname of your SMTP
server here"
.Update()
End With
Set mail.Configuration = cdoConfig
If IsArray(vSubject) Then
mail.Subject = vSubject(0)
mail.TextBody = vSubjEct(1)
Else
mail.Subject = Left(vSubject, 255)
mail.TextBody = vSubject
End If
mail.to = vTo
mail.From = vFrom
If not isempty(vCc) Then mail.Cc = vCc

mail.Send
End Sub

Basr

"Kyle Peterson" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/...ail_cdosys.asp

http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/...ing_cdosys.asp

> "Basr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4593b5ff$0$3748$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > My provider removed suddenly the CDONTS from the server. Now I have to
> > change my forms and I have to use the CDOSYS functionaltity
> >
> > Till now I used one script that could do the work with one page. I could
> > send all my forms to that page and this page conveyed all the input by
> > email.
> >
> > Now I want to make a script that can do the same job. This is too
> > diffucult
> > for me. I can make a script for the normal input for email forms but I
> > want
> > to use forms with far more variables than To, From, Message, etc..
> >
> > Can someone show me the way to an example of such a script?
> > Thanks in advance
> > Marcel

Thanks Kyle but it is not what I am looking for. I think Mike is right. I
have to hire a programmer.
Thanks anyway.

Basr

"Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS)" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in
bericht news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Basr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:45951cfc$0$3240$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> >
> > "Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS)" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in
> > bericht news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> "Basr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:4593e6f7$0$13606$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> >> No kidding?
> >>
> >> The first link on google shows what you need.

> > Thanks
> > the first item of the link that was given by Mike gives scrips that

sends
> > message from the webmaster. ("This is the body" in this case)
> > I do not understand why these examples should be useful for me

> If you give us the source of one of your forms, maybe somebody would

program
> that for you, for free.
> It is not difficult at all. Be sure.
>
> If your ISP revoked CDONTS, it would have been very kind of them to

provide
> conversion samples.
>
> If the code below really does not help you, you can hire a programmer. You
> can hire me.
>
> Public Sub SendMail(vFrom, vTo, vSubject, vCc)
> Dim cdoConfig, mail, sch
> Set cdoConfig = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
> Set mail = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
>
> sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
> with cdoConfig.fields
> .item(sch + "sendpassword").value ="piet1234_"
> .item(sch + "sendusername").value = "yourmailaddresscomeshere"
> .item(sch + "smtpauthenticate").value = 1 'cdoBasic
> .item(sch + "sendusing").value = 2 'cdoSendUsingPort
> .item(sch + "smtpserver").value = "the IP or hostname of your SMTP
> server here"
> .Update()
> End With
> Set mail.Configuration = cdoConfig
> If IsArray(vSubject) Then
> mail.Subject = vSubject(0)
> mail.TextBody = vSubjEct(1)
> Else
> mail.Subject = Left(vSubject, 255)
> mail.TextBody = vSubject
> End If
> mail.to = vTo
> mail.From = vFrom
> If not isempty(vCc) Then mail.Cc = vCc
>
> mail.Send
> End Sub
>

> --
> compatible web farm Session replacement for Asp and Asp.Net
> http://www.nieropwebconsult.nl/asp_session_manager.htm

Thanks Egbert
I will try your script immediately and I'll let you know
Marcel

cdosys.dll and sending mail martin ASP .Net 2 01-04-2012 02:41 PM
cdosys Nitin ASP .Net 3 04-15-2005 03:00 PM
Is it possible to MailMerge using CDOSYS ? Luqman ASP .Net 0 11-29-2004 08:22 AM
embed pictures in a cdosys sent message René de Leeuw ASP .Net 0 07-22-2003 04:07 PM

Advertisments