Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Changing domain blows up just about everything...

Changing domain blows up just about everything...

geneb

I'm having a domain change foisted upon me and the test I did resulted
in every last ASP and
ASP.Net script stopping cold. Nothing but plain old html worked.

Is there a FAQ or some other document available that outlines what has
to be done when the
IIS server machine is disconnected from one domain controller and
reconnected to a totally different one? If not, does anyone here know
what would have to be changed to make the ASP code play nice in the new
domain?

A relevant bit of info, they're also changing the name of the
administrator account. I don't know if that would contribute to the
death of ASP* on the system, but it might.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Gene.

geneb

Jon Paal wrote:
> you employ the same steps as if you were going to install a new website. Verify all the server components exist and adjust all
> configuration files. Be sure to move the database and configure its settings as well.
>
> you can alsways search google for specific topics or check sites like http://aspfaqs.com/aspfaqs/

You misunderstand. Nothing is being moved. The server's domain
controller assignment is being changed to another domain controller.
None of the configuration files I've created mention the domain
controller at all.

Had my Google searches provided answers, I certainly wouldn't be
wasting anyone's time by posting a query here.

Gene.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

geneb wrote:
> I'm having a domain change foisted upon me and the test I did resulted
> in every last ASP and
> ASP.Net script stopping cold. Nothing but plain old html worked.
>
> Is there a FAQ or some other document available that outlines what has
> to be done when the
> IIS server machine is disconnected from one domain controller and
> reconnected to a totally different one? If not, does anyone here know
> what would have to be changed to make the ASP code play nice in the
> new domain?
>
> A relevant bit of info, they're also changing the name of the
> administrator account. I don't know if that would contribute to the
> death of ASP* on the system, but it might.

I've never seen this issue. You might try posting to the iis group
(m.p.inetserver.iis). We'd appreciate it if you could share the solution
if they provide one.
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

geneb

> I've never seen this issue. You might try posting to the iis group
> (m.p.inetserver.iis). We'd appreciate it if you could share the solution
> if they provide one.

Thanks for the tip Bob.

You blew me off the same way that Jon did, but with respect and style.

Jon however, comes off as a pompous ass that longs for his own
newsgroup in the alt.felching hierarchy.

If I find an answer to this issue, I'll certainly return and let you
know of what I found. Besides, it'll hack of the princess in the
process. *grin*

g.

Evertjan.

Jon Paal wrote on 19 dec 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> grow up

??

[please always quote on usenet]

--