Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > asp running on a portable device to retrieve data offline

asp running on a portable device to retrieve data offline

bajopalabra

hi
i need to retrieve data with a portable device
inside a building that don't have wireless network

i need to run some application/page/whatever
saying "person name" and a "[check box]" for true/false

wich device (the most inexpensive) could i use ?
can ASP help ?

--
atte,
Hernán

Anthony Jones

"bajopalabra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi
> i need to retrieve data with a portable device
> inside a building that don't have wireless network
>
> i need to run some application/page/whatever
> saying "person name" and a "[check box]" for true/false
>
> wich device (the most inexpensive) could i use ?

Not really the right place to be asking that question.

> can ASP help ?

Not sure how ASP in particular can play much of a role in an offline
application.

At a guess I would say you might be looking at cheap PDAs that either
support Java or .NET.

> --
> atte,
> Hernán