Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP

Shipf1

Hi,
I have ASP which run a DOS based utility using Wscript.Shell's Run method.
This utility takes two parameters Input File name and Output file's name. In
case when I give Local path to the utility it works but in case If i give
Remote path it does'nt work. So to get better idea I tried to execute a copy
command instead of my utility and executed the copy command in ASP using
Wscript.Shell object I gave remote path then also it failed. I hv kept all
the required permission On remote machine, I m accessing it with IUSR_Machine
name and same password also all required access are provided. I tried with
mapped drive and Virtual directory also but it didnt work. Why I am not able
to Copy the files from Remote path using Wscript.shell, Is there any other
way to find the solution. Any help will be appreciated
The OS is Win 2K.
Regards.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Shipf1 wrote:
> Hi,
> I have ASP which run a DOS based utility using Wscript.Shell's Run
> method. This utility takes two parameters Input File name and Output
> file's name. In case when I give Local path to the utility it works
> but in case If i give Remote path it does'nt work. So to get better
> idea I tried to execute a copy command instead of my utility and
> executed the copy command in ASP using Wscript.Shell object I gave
> remote path then also it failed. I hv kept all the required
> permission On remote machine, I m accessing it with IUSR_Machine name
> and same password also all required access are provided. I tried with
> mapped drive and Virtual directory also but it didnt work. Why I am
> not able to Copy the files from Remote path using Wscript.shell, Is
> there any other way to find the solution. Any help will be
> appreciated
> The OS is Win 2K.
> Regards.

Have you seen this?
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2168
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Shipf1 wrote:
> "Bob Barrows [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Shipf1 wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I have ASP which run a DOS based utility using Wscript.Shell's Run
>>> method. This utility takes two parameters Input File name and Output
>>> file's name. In case when I give Local path to the utility it works
>>> but in case If i give Remote path it does'nt work. So to get better
>>> idea I tried to execute a copy command instead of my utility and
>>> executed the copy command in ASP using Wscript.Shell object I gave
>>> remote path then also it failed. I hv kept all the required
>>> permission On remote machine, I m accessing it with IUSR_Machine
>>> name and same password also all required access are provided. I
>>> tried with mapped drive and Virtual directory also but it didnt
>>> work. Why I am not able to Copy the files from Remote path using
>>> Wscript.shell, Is there any other way to find the solution. Any
>>> help will be appreciated
>>> The OS is Win 2K.
>>> Regards.
>>> K

>> Have you seen this?
>> http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2168
>> --

> Yeah, did that too. It didn't work....

Given that you read that article carefully enough and followed all its
instructions carefully, I can only conclude that what you want is just
not possible. I will be happy to be proven wrong.

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET