Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Reading a TEXT file and render it into multiple web pages

Reading a TEXT file and render it into multiple web pages

LukeSkywacko

Hi, I would like to know how I could accomplish this without using DB.

There's a long text file named "TEST.TXT"
The TEST file contains special character '' which will be used as
pagebreak.
I want an ASP page that will read the TEST.TXT file and split it into
multiple web pages with navigation control. (eg. <FIRST> <PREVIOUS>
<NEXT> <LAST> )

If it is possible, a sample code would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Evertjan.

LukeSkywacko wrote on 08 dec 2006 in

> Hi, I would like to know how I could accomplish this without using DB.
>
> There's a long text file named "TEST.TXT"
> The TEST file contains special character '' which will be used as
> pagebreak.
> I want an ASP page that will read the TEST.TXT file and split it into
> multiple web pages with navigation control. (eg. <FIRST> <PREVIOUS>
> <NEXT> <LAST> )

1 Load the file in a variable.
2 Split the file: result = Split(theFile,"")
3 Use only the part you need steered by a numbered querystring:
/dir/myfile.asp?page=3 [or a 404.asp can server.transfer nonexisting named
files.]

> If it is possible, a sample code would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks.

You will have to start with your own programming,
[or hire a professional,] methinks.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.