Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Generate Email from Form Submission

Generate Email from Form Submission

Mike Brind

news:eRB8p0s%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a form on my ASP 3.0 web site and I need to monitor submissions.
>
> Is it possible to generate an email upon form submission?
>
> If so, how do I invoke the email functionality from an ASP 3.0 page?

The Google Internet search engine is quite handy -

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...G=Search&meta=

--
Mike Brind

Dave

I have a form on my ASP 3.0 web site and I need to monitor submissions.

Is it possible to generate an email upon form submission?

If so, how do I invoke the email functionality from an ASP 3.0 page?

Thanks
Dave

Luke Zhang [MSFT]

Hello Dave,

In an ASP page, we can send an email with CDONTS through SMTP. Here are
some sample on this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/189945

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/264072

Or with CDOSYS:

How to send HTML formatted mail using CDO for Windows 2000 and a remote
SMTP service
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286431

If there is anything unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely,

Luke Zhang

Microsoft Online Community Support
ications.