Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Error Line Number

Error Line Number

aljamala@gmail.com

Hi,

I have a page that whenever an error occur, I send an email to support
with the error description, script name, server, referer, etc...

However, I want to add the line number to the email message. So far, I
have found that you would have to modify the custom error (500;100) on
the IIS to point to your own error page to be able to use the
Server.GetLastError object.

Does anyone know if there is a way out there that does not require
changing the IIS settings?

Thanks in advance!

Dave Anderson

> ...I want to add the line number to the email message. So far,
> I have found that you would have to modify the custom error
> (500;100) on the IIS to point to your own error page to be able
> to use the Server.GetLastError object.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way out there that does not
> require changing the IIS settings?

That depends on whether you consider it "changing the IIS settings" to
modify this file:

\iishelp\common\500-100.asp

--
Dave Anderson

aljamala@gmail.com

> That depends on whether you consider it "changing the IIS settings" to
> modify this file:
>
> \iishelp\common\500-100.asp
>

> --
> Dave Anderson
>
> Unsolicited commercial email will be read at a cost of $500 per message. Use
> of this email address implies consent to these terms.

meh, I'd rather just create my own custom page in that case....

Dave Anderson

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> That depends on whether you consider it "changing the IIS
>> settings" to modify this file:
>>
>> \iishelp\common\500-100.asp

> meh, I'd rather just create my own custom page in that case...

Fine, but that does not really answer the question. If you can modify that
file without "changing IIS settings", then you can certainly change it to
this:

Server.Transfer("/YourCustomErrorScript.asp")

--
Dave Anderson