Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How to make ASP page pause for some time

How to make ASP page pause for some time

kk.simhadri@gmail.com

Hi All
I am having an ASP page which will get some set of files from
VSS.After that, in the same page I am running a bat file to remove some
unwanted files.Then I am displaying the files remaining in the page.

Every thing is working fine ,but the bat file is taking some time to
remove the files. so first time when it displays the files , it is
displaying the unwanted files also.Once after fully loading the page
,if I press refresh those unwanted files are not there.

I want the page to wait for some time to get the files deleted and then
display them on the page.

Any idea, how can I do this..????

Any help would be appreciated

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

How are you running the bat file?
With WScript.Shell's Run method? Set
it bWaitOnReturn to true. See here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...640b0e32ea.asp

Ray at work

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi All
> I am having an ASP page which will get some set of files from
> VSS.After that, in the same page I am running a bat file to remove some
> unwanted files.Then I am displaying the files remaining in the page.
>
> Every thing is working fine ,but the bat file is taking some time to
> remove the files. so first time when it displays the files , it is
> displaying the unwanted files also.Once after fully loading the page
> ,if I press refresh those unwanted files are not there.
>

> I want the page to wait for some time to get the files deleted and then
> display them on the page.
>
> Any idea, how can I do this..????
>
> Any help would be appreciated

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]