Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > What is the best tool to use for debugging ASP pages these days?

What is the best tool to use for debugging ASP pages these days?

keithb

It has been years since I worked with ASP, having moved on to ASP.NET.
However, I have just inherited a project adding some enhancements to an
existing ASP site. What is the best tool to use for debugging ASP pages
these days?

Thanks,

Keith

Evertjan.

keithb wrote on 15 okt 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> It has been years since I worked with ASP, having moved on to ASP.NET.
> However, I have just inherited a project adding some enhancements to an
> existing ASP site. What is the best tool to use for debugging ASP pages
> these days?

Your brain.

Yes, I know, it is not the answer you want, but it is the best by far.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Mike Brind

"keithb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> It has been years since I worked with ASP, having moved on to ASP.NET.
> However, I have just inherited a project adding some enhancements to an
> existing ASP site. What is the best tool to use for debugging ASP pages
> these days?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

This thread may be of interest:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...307ea5b3cb8f97

--
Mike Brind

Anthony Jones

> keithb wrote on 15 okt 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>
> > It has been years since I worked with ASP, having moved on to ASP.NET.
> > However, I have just inherited a project adding some enhancements to an
> > existing ASP site. What is the best tool to use for debugging ASP pages
> > these days?

> Your brain.
>
> Yes, I know, it is not the answer you want, but it is the best by far.

That's a given in everything in life period. But the brain needs access to
good information in a timely manner. A tool that does this best in a given
situation can be refered to a the 'best tool to use'.

Since the OP has moved to ASP.NET it's likely they are using a version of
Visual Studio. Visual studio is an excellent tool for debugging ASP classic
(in fact I don't know of anything that even gets a close second place with
it) hence this the 'best tool to use'.