Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firebird File Associations...

Firebird File Associations...

Slim Win

Hi...

Have Firebird 0.6.1 and love the interface and speed... but l am having
serious problems in so much as it seems impossible to stop it stealing all
the image file extensions for itself meaning all my clipart and photos now
have to be manually opened in Paint Shop because a single click will trip
them in Firebird...

Netscape had this problem once, but as long as you installed your photo
editor program after Netscape then you were OK... is the same true of
Firebird???

Please, l would appreciate answers/suggestions from those who've had direct
concerns with the exact same issue and not speculation-from-trolls which is
most unhelpful in general... my setup is 98SE [with zero IE presence
which is nice]

Best rgds,

Frank

Night_Seer

"Slim Win" <win.fast@@virgin.net> wrote in message
news:bh66lq$2kc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi...
>
> Have Firebird 0.6.1 and love the interface and speed... but l am having
> serious problems in so much as it seems impossible to stop it stealing all
> the image file extensions for itself meaning all my clipart and photos now
> have to be manually opened in Paint Shop because a single click will trip
> them in Firebird...
>
> Netscape had this problem once, but as long as you installed your photo
> editor program after Netscape then you were OK... is the same true of
> Firebird???
>
> Please, l would appreciate answers/suggestions from those who've had

direct
> concerns with the exact same issue and not speculation-from-trolls which

is
> most unhelpful in general... my setup is 98SE [with zero IE presence
> which is nice]
>
> Best rgds,
>
> Frank

Its easy enough to change this in file properties for windows (though
you can do the install in the right order and that will work too).
Highlight one of your picture files, then right click while holding down the
shift key. A new option called "open with..." should be available. Click
on this, and then select Paint Shop, or if it isn't in the list, click on
other and browse to the Paint Shop .exe file. Make sure before you select
ok in the first window, that you check off "always use this program to open
this type of file". Now do this for all the file types you want open with
Paint Shop.
The other way to do this is a little longer and more complicated. Open
a window (any folder will do), click on the view folder, then folder
options. Under the filetypes tab, look for the file extension you need to
change (.jpg, .bmp. .tif, etc.) and click on edit. It should show an opens
with mozilla. Click on edit, and highlight the open command at the bottom,
and then click edit for that. Now browse to your paint shop program and
double click on it. click through ok (you can change the extensions icon if
you like). That's it.

--
Night_Seer