Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > need to convert google search ref to find what the user search

need to convert google search ref to find what the user search

yuvalbra@gmail.com

I work in asp envirments.
i get the ref url that come to my site and i want to convert it to find
out what was the query in (google or other searcher sites)

foe example : if someone goes to google and search some text and my
site was in his resaults and he click on it , in my site i see his link
ref like
http://www.google.co.il/search?hl=iw...1-Google&meta=

i want to know (in asp and save it to DB) what was the word or words
that the user write in search engine.

BR
Yuv

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

You could try passing the string into a URLDecode function and parsing out
the data.

Here's a function found at http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread52476.html

Function URLDecode(sText)
sDecoded = sText
Set oRegExpr = CreateObject("VBScript.RegExp")
oRegExpr.Pattern = "%[0-9,A-F]{2}"
oRegExpr.Global = True
Set oMatchCollection = oRegExpr.Execute(sText)
For Each oMatch In oMatchCollection
sDecoded = Replace(sDecoded, oMatch.Value, Chr(CInt("&H" &
Right(oMatch.Value, 2))))
Next
URLDecode = sDecoded
End Function

Ray at work

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I work in asp envirments.
> i get the ref url that come to my site and i want to convert it to find
> out what was the query in (google or other searcher sites)
>
> foe example : if someone goes to google and search some text and my
> site was in his resaults and he click on it , in my site i see his link
> ref like
> http://www.google.co.il/search?hl=iw...1-Google&meta=
>
> i want to know (in asp and save it to DB) what was the word or words
> that the user write in search engine.
>
> BR
> Yuv

yuvalbra@gmail.com

Thanks Ray for your answer ,

but it's not working with the hebrew text (i got some of signs )

do you know how to fix it ?

Yuv