Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Web application to print labels

Web application to print labels

mikeyatsony@gmail.com

Hi all...

Is there a web for my ASP Web application tied to a SQL Server Express
DB to print labels? I need a way to have reports printed from the
user's browser.

They wish to print labels for a mailing.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

McKirahan

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi all...
>
> Is there a web for my ASP Web application tied to a SQL Server Express
> DB to print labels? I need a way to have reports printed from the
> user's browser.
>
> They wish to print labels for a mailing.
>
> Any thoughts would be great.
>
> Thanks

I run a local script offline to open an MS-Word document template
then read an MS-Access database to generate a new MS-Word
document with the data formatted for Avery 5160 labels. When
users want to print labels they just load labels in their printer then
download, open, and print the MS-Word document.

I use this approach as it (obviously) requires MS-Word which
(I doubt) that my Web host supports; does yours?