Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Membership signup script thru email

Membership signup script thru email

.Net Sports

I need to find a script that whereas a user signs up for your website
and when he hits submit, an
email goes to his email box with a confirmation link (generated by
random number) for him to click
so to ensure he has a valid email address. Does anyone know of a
package or series of scripts that works with this? I'm using CDO mail
in ASP.

Thanks
netsports

SLH

you can do this very simply.

take the email address from the signup page
store it in a field in database called EMAIL_ADDRESS
generate a unique random number and store it in a field called RANDOM_NUMBER
send the email with a link back to your site to a page that grabs the email
address and random number from the query string.
if they both match, update a field called VALIDATED

its really not that much at all

get it started and let me know if you get stuck anywhere

".Net Sports" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I need to find a script that whereas a user signs up for your website
> and when he hits submit, an
> email goes to his email box with a confirmation link (generated by
> random number) for him to click
> so to ensure he has a valid email address. Does anyone know of a
> package or series of scripts that works with this? I'm using CDO mail
> in ASP.
>
> Thanks
> netsports

http://support.cjwsoft.com/code/code_info.asp?TID=72&KW=lcid

mess around with the free version of this
www.aspprotect.com

it does that and you can see how it works