Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Update SQL

Update SQL

tony wong

how can i trigger a SQL (update query) by clicking a button in a asp page
without further action in another asp page? Most grateful if some examples
can be referred. Thanks a lot.

tony

Evertjan.

tony wong wrote on 24 sep 2006 in

> how can i trigger a SQL (update query) by clicking a button in a asp
> page without further action in another asp page?

Impossible.

The click is on the client, and the database is on the server,
so you need asp-script to be executed on the server,
and asp script only works in asp pages.

You will have to sent a querystring or a form-post to a server asp page.

> Most grateful if
> some examples can be referred.

This is basic asp db work.

Try something yourself or search http://aspfaq.com