Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Response.redirect "mypage.asp?name=" & name

Response.redirect "mypage.asp?name=" & name

Me

I am passing on the input name to my asp page using
Response.redirect "mypage.asp?name=" & name
and the resulting url looks like
'companyname/mypage.asp?name=" & name

I would like it to appear like 'companyname' or at most
'companyname/mypage.asp'

how can I do it?

Thank you,
-Me

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Me wrote:
> I am passing on the input name to my asp page using
> Response.redirect "mypage.asp?name=" & name
> and the resulting url looks like
> 'companyname/mypage.asp?name=" & name
>
> I would like it to appear like 'companyname' or at most
> 'companyname/mypage.asp'
>
> how can I do it?

We already answered this question in the other group. You cannot strip the
querystring from the url without redirecting to a page without a
querystring.

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Me

Bob,

Thanks for the reply! after I sent the previous question, I realized that I
was
using the redirect instead of href, that's why I decided to send this one as
well.

Appreciate your help!
-Me