Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Limiting the amount of characters returned

Limiting the amount of characters returned

kevin@kevingibbons.co.uk

Hi,

I am looking to return the first 50 characters from a database field.
Does anyone know if there is a SQL function that returns a defined
amount of characters from a database field?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin
www.seoptimise.com

kevin@kevingibbons.co.uk

Sorry I meant ASP, SQL would be fine too though.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

> Hi,
>
> I am looking to return the first 50 characters from a database field.
> Does anyone know if there is a SQL function that returns a defined
> amount of characters from a database field?

Of course there is. However, we cannot get specific without knowing what
database you are using: Access? MS SQL Server? Oracle? Something else?

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]

Answered by several people in sqlserver.programming. Please don't
multi-post.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...