Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Open recordset worked on Windows 2000 server not on new 2003

Open recordset worked on Windows 2000 server not on new 2003

kifaro

Hi I am opening recordsets in my asp page with the following command:
rs.open mysql,cn,3,3

on occasion it isn't working and I have to do:
set rs=cn.execute(mysql)

Any clue why??

Regards,
Aaron

Mike Brind

kifaro wrote:
> Hi I am opening recordsets in my asp page with the following command:
> rs.open mysql,cn,3,3
>
> on occasion it isn't working and I have to do:
> set rs=cn.execute(mysql)

What error message/results do you get on the occasions it doesn't work.

Also, when you say "occasions", do you mean that the problem is
intermittent on all pages, or does it always fail on some pages, but
always work on others?

--
Mike Brind

kifaro

some pages and not others, consistantly. In addition no error is
returned it just returns an empty recordset even if data exists.

Aaron