Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Email Challenge...

Email Challenge...

Ken D.

OK, here is what I am attempting.

I have an .asp page on our company intranet in which the user can key some
referral information. Upon submit, the data is transferred to an SQL
database and the user receives a confirmation of this submission. One of the
fields that the employee selects is the sales rep to receive the referral.

I would like to be able to send the rep an email with the information
entered by the employee so they can contact the client. I am using Frontpage
2002 and I am aware that this process is not available within Frontpage but I
believe it can be coded manually but I can't seem to find a good resource to
assist me in this process. Our web-server is running Windows Server 2003.

I believe this can be accomplished and I hope to get some direction. Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?S2VuIEQu?= wrote on 01 sep 2006 in

> OK, here is what I am attempting.
>
> I have an .asp page on our company intranet in which the user can key
> some referral information. Upon submit, the data is transferred to an
> SQL database and the user receives a confirmation of this submission.
> One of the fields that the employee selects is the sales rep to
> receive the referral.
>
> I would like to be able to send the rep an email with the information
> entered by the employee so they can contact the client. I am using
> Frontpage 2002 and I am aware that this process is not available
> within Frontpage but I believe it can be coded manually but I can't
> seem to find a good resource to assist me in this process. Our
> web-server is running Windows Server 2003.
>
> I believe this can be accomplished and I hope to get some direction.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

Depending on the asp-email system you use it is just adding the "rep"'s
emailadress as a BCC

Using Jmail it is:

theRep = ""(E-Mail Removed)" ' [or the SQL execution equivalent]

JMail.AddRecipientBCC theRep

CDO or CDONT will use a similat command, methinks.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Ken D.

OK, not being a programmer by trade, I need a bit more information.

Say I use code something like this:

Set myMail=CreateObject("CDO.Message")
myMail.Subject="Something Here"
myMail.From="(E-Mail Removed)"
myMail.To="(E-Mail Removed)"
myMail.TextBody="This is the information."
myMail.Send
set myMail=nothing

Where is it placed in the page and how is it called? Should it be in the
asp page that the employee enters data or generated when the confirmation
page loads?

Sorry about the confusion.

"Evertjan." wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?S2VuIEQu?= wrote on 01 sep 2006 in
>
> > OK, here is what I am attempting.
> >
> > I have an .asp page on our company intranet in which the user can key
> > some referral information. Upon submit, the data is transferred to an
> > SQL database and the user receives a confirmation of this submission.
> > One of the fields that the employee selects is the sales rep to
> > receive the referral.
> >
> > I would like to be able to send the rep an email with the information
> > entered by the employee so they can contact the client. I am using
> > Frontpage 2002 and I am aware that this process is not available
> > within Frontpage but I believe it can be coded manually but I can't
> > seem to find a good resource to assist me in this process. Our
> > web-server is running Windows Server 2003.
> >
> > I believe this can be accomplished and I hope to get some direction.
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Depending on the asp-email system you use it is just adding the "rep"'s
> emailadress as a BCC
>
> Using Jmail it is:
>
> theRep = ""(E-Mail Removed)" ' [or the SQL execution equivalent]
>
> JMail.AddRecipientBCC theRep
>
> CDO or CDONT will use a similat command, methinks.
>

> --
> Evertjan.
> The Netherlands.

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?S2VuIEQu?= wrote on 01 sep 2006 in

> "Evertjan." wrote:

[..]

>> Depending on the asp-email system you use it is just adding the
>> "rep"'s emailadress as a BCC
>>
>> Using Jmail it is:
>>
>> theRep = ""(E-Mail Removed)" ' [or the SQL execution equivalent]
>>
>> JMail.AddRecipientBCC theRep
>>
>> CDO or CDONT will use a similar command, methinks.

[please do not toppost on usenet]

> OK, not being a programmer by trade, I need a bit more information.
>
> Say I use code something like this:
>
> Set myMail=CreateObject("CDO.Message")
> myMail.Subject="Something Here"
> myMail.From="(E-Mail Removed)"
> myMail.To="(E-Mail Removed)"
> myMail.TextBody="This is the information."
> myMail.Send
> set myMail=nothing

That was not what I suggested, I suggested to send rep a blind copy of
the mail the programme sends to te user.

> Where is it placed in the page and how is it called? Should it be in
> the asp page that the employee enters data or generated when the
> confirmation page loads?
>
> Sorry about the confusion.

The does and don'ts of CDO and CDONT are not my specialty, as I wrote.

However it seems you know nothing about planning an ASP based interactive
system, so I would suggest to you, as it seems a commercial undertaking,
to hire a programmer or the learn far more and become an ASP programmer
yourself in a few months.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.