Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Membership Problem

Membership Problem

Scatir

Hi, I have a membership problem I couldn't resolve. I have set up membership
as most of tutorial instructed, and I am able to log on, but cannot stay log
on for some reason. ex: when I log on, the log in become log on, but when I
access the protected page, it still prompt me for log in. Please help!

Jay

well first, how are you storing your "login"

are u using cookies? or sessions? or what?

no one can help you without any of this information. And there is probably
more that you need to submit.

Thanks,
Jay

"Scatir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I have a membership problem I couldn't resolve. I have set up
> membership
> as most of tutorial instructed, and I am able to log on, but cannot stay
> log
> on for some reason. ex: when I log on, the log in become log on, but when
> access the protected page, it still prompt me for log in. Please help!

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Scatir wrote:
> Hi, I have a membership problem I couldn't resolve. I have set up
> membership as most of tutorial instructed, and I am able to log on,
> but cannot stay log on for some reason. ex: when I log on, the log in
> become log on, but when I access the protected page, it still prompt
> me for log in. Please help!

I haven't a clue what you are talking about, but if, as I suspect, you're
talking about asp.net:

recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Scatir

I am using SQL to store the membership,

the code in web.config is as follow,

<roleManager enabled="true"/>
<authentication mode="Forms"/>
<membership defaultProvider="MembershipProvider">
<providers>
<add name="MembershipProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"
connectionStringName="DataConnection" minRequiredPasswordLength="5"
minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"/>
</providers>
</membership>

"Jay" wrote:

> well first, how are you storing your "login"
>
> are u using cookies? or sessions? or what?
>

> no one can help you without any of this information. And there is probably
> more that you need to submit.
>

> Thanks,
> Jay
>

> "Scatir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi, I have a membership problem I couldn't resolve. I have set up
> > membership
> > as most of tutorial instructed, and I am able to log on, but cannot stay
> > log
> > on for some reason. ex: when I log on, the log in become log on, but when
> > access the protected page, it still prompt me for log in. Please help!

Scatir

Sorry that I didn't realize this is a classic ASP newsgroup. Ya, it is
regards to ASP.Net, thanks for the help.