Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP .NET 2.0 Performance

ASP .NET 2.0 Performance

Roman

I am looking to improve the performance of my application. The result
page is 17k but it takes years to come up. There is an underlying sql
2005 query, but results come back rather fast. It seems to me that
caching is not there. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

"Roman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I am looking to improve the performance of my application. The result
> page is 17k but it takes years to come up. There is an underlying sql
> 2005 query, but results come back rather fast. It seems to me that
> caching is not there. Any suggestions?

Hi,

This newsgroup is not about ASP NET 2.0 but about classic asp pages.

However, if you want to optimze your query, check for existence of indexes
on your table, and whether or not (use SQL Profiler to check these facts)
they are used by your Query!

Famous for performance-downs are queries on dates! Since an expression on a
date in a SQL statement, cannot be indexed (just a sample what could go
wrong).