Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Call Access Form in browser

Call Access Form in browser

Eric

Hi: Is it possible i call access form in browser.

Thanks,

Evertjan.

Eric wrote on 12 aug 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> Hi: Is it possible i call access form in browser.

dear Eric,

You can call an access form what you like,
but probably you should tell what you realy want.

Show us your asp [vbs or jscript] code you have made sofar.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Eric

Almost all of my databases are in Access and some are in ASP. I want to
make a switch board in browser by which i can call the applications. If
any help or tip i would be very appreciate.

Evertjan. wrote:
> Eric wrote on 12 aug 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>
> > Hi: Is it possible i call access form in browser.

> dear Eric,
>
> You can call an access form what you like,
> but probably you should tell what you realy want.
>
> Show us your asp [vbs or jscript] code you have made sofar.
>
> --
> Evertjan.
> The Netherlands.

Mike Brind

No. None of your databases are "in ASP". What you actually have is a
series of Access database (.mdb) files. Some of them have an Access
front end (interface) on them, while others have an ASP/HTML
interface.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to do what you are suggesting. You
can't "call" Access forms from ASP and display them in a browser.

--
Mike Brind

Eric wrote:
> Almost all of my databases are in Access and some are in ASP. I want to
> make a switch board in browser by which i can call the applications. If
> any help or tip i would be very appreciate.
>
> Evertjan. wrote:
> > Eric wrote on 12 aug 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
> >
> > > Hi: Is it possible i call access form in browser.

> > dear Eric,
> >
> > You can call an access form what you like,
> > but probably you should tell what you realy want.
> >
> > Show us your asp [vbs or jscript] code you have made sofar.
> >
> > --
> > Evertjan.
> > The Netherlands.
> > (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)

Bob Barrows [MVP]

You should ask in an Access group. While what Mike says is correct, Access
did have something called "Data Access Pages" which, while definitely
receiving mixed reviews in its initial release, may have been improved in
the versions of Access released after I stopped working with it.

Eric wrote:
> Almost all of my databases are in Access and some are in ASP. I want
> to make a switch board in browser by which i can call the
> applications. If any help or tip i would be very appreciate.
>
> Evertjan. wrote:
>> Eric wrote on 12 aug 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>>
>>> Hi: Is it possible i call access form in browser.

>> dear Eric,
>>
>> You can call an access form what you like,
>> but probably you should tell what you realy want.
>>
>> Show us your asp [vbs or jscript] code you have made sofar.
>>
>> --
>> Evertjan.
>> The Netherlands.
>> (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"