Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Separate two words

Separate two words

Eric

Hi: I have data where first and last name are in one field. I need help
how to i separate first and last name in ASP

Thanks,

Peter

"Eric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1155161189.375181.215950
@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Hi: I have data where first and last name are in one field. I need help
> how to i separate first and last name in ASP

Use the split function, assuming you have a delimiter of some description
between the names, even if it is only a space.

Dave Anderson

Eric wrote:
> Hi: I have data where first and last name are in one field.
> I need help how to i separate first and last name in ASP

How do you plan to deal with multiple spaces, as in these examples?

Townes Van Zandt
Stevie Ray Vaughan
George Herbert Walker Bush

--
Dave Anderson

McKirahan

"Eric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi: I have data where first and last name are in one field. I need help
> how to i separate first and last name in ASP

Unless every both the first and last names are one word it's complex.

For example,
John Doe
John Q. Public
Dr. John Smallbooty
John Bigbooty, Jr.
John Von Booty

How many names are you looking at?

Separate Tabs, Separate Sessions BigAndy Firefox 0 05-09-2007 09:27 AM
Separate Tabs, Separate Sessions BigAndy Firefox 0 05-09-2007 09:26 AM
Separate two words Eric ASP .Net 1 08-09-2006 10:21 PM
Using separate classpaths for separate classes? Frank Fredstone Java 1 06-27-2006 06:46 AM
How to use several separate classes (separate files) to be executed in one class (another file) EvgueniB Java 1 12-15-2003 01:18 AM

Advertisments