Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Performance of ASP

Performance of ASP

Paul

Hi I have a question?

If I a loop that displays a list of records on a page, lets say a list
of contacts (lets say 200). The question that I have is does it effect
the performance if I add inside the loop the following:

if Arr[0,index]="1" then
end if

Many thanks
Paul

Mike Brind

Paul wrote:
> Hi I have a question?
>
> If I a loop that displays a list of records on a page, lets say a list
> of contacts (lets say 200). The question that I have is does it effect
> the performance if I add inside the loop the following:
>
> if Arr[0,index]="1" then
> end if

It will depend on what the code is between the If... End If. For
example, if it's something like Response.Write " checked" (for a
checkbox), there will be no noticeable difference.

--
Mike Brind

Paul

Thanks for the advice.

The question is that if I had to loop through an array about 200 times
for 1500 oncurrent users, will using an "IF" statement will cause ANY
performance defect.

Paul

Mike Brind wrote:
> Paul wrote:
> > Hi I have a question?
> >
> > If I a loop that displays a list of records on a page, lets say a list
> > of contacts (lets say 200). The question that I have is does it effect
> > the performance if I add inside the loop the following:
> >
> > if Arr[0,index]="1" then
> > end if
> >

> It will depend on what the code is between the If... End If. For
> example, if it's something like Response.Write " checked" (for a
> checkbox), there will be no noticeable difference.
>
> --
> Mike Brind

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Paul wrote:
> Thanks for the advice.
>
> The question is that if I had to loop through an array about 200 times
> for 1500 oncurrent users, will using an "IF" statement will cause ANY
> performance defect.

I don't know. Time it and find out for yourself ...
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Anthony Jones

news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Thanks for the advice.
>
> The question is that if I had to loop through an array about 200 times
> for 1500 oncurrent users, will using an "IF" statement will cause ANY
> performance defect.

No.