Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > asp.net vb6 AdvAPI

asp.net vb6 AdvAPI

Eugene

Hi, I have a vb6 dll that would make use of the AdvAPI. Then I have a asp.net
project that would call this vb6 dll, but the returned value is not correct.
From what I checked, the vb6 dll is called, but it fails on AdvAPI. What is
the problem and how to fix it. This vb6 dll would works well when I calls it
thru windows application.

I have very little knowledge on web development, so I don't know how to
debug it, or what might cause it, thanks for the help.

Eugene

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Eugene wrote:
> Hi, I have a vb6 dll that would make use of the AdvAPI. Then I have a
> asp.net project that would call this vb6 dll, but the returned value
> is not correct. From what I checked, the vb6 dll is called, but it
> fails on AdvAPI. What is the problem and how to fix it. This vb6 dll
> would works well when I calls it thru windows application.
>
> I have very little knowledge on web development, so I don't know how
> to debug it, or what might cause it, thanks for the help.

recommended practice), but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net is
a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be lucky enough
to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you
can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a newsgroup
where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest
to help you.

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Eugene

Thanks Bob, sorry that I don't know this is a classic ASP page, i would post
it at the suggested forum, thanks.