Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Copy files between two web servers...

Copy files between two web servers...

Matthew Moran

I have a need to have a web server (windows based) grab files each week from
a linux based server - hosted elsewhere. I cannot use UNC paths.

I want to have a script (.asp/asp.net) on the windows server that I would
provide a list of files to copy. The script would then copy the listed files.

The problem is that the using a filestream and copyto runs into an error
with URI paths.

This will be a substantial amount of data each week. I don't want to copy
it locally and then back up to the windows web server. I want/need the copy
to be directly between the two servers.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
--
Matthew Moran
The IT Career Builder''s Toolkit (Cisco Press)

Career Advice for the IT Professional
http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/pm/career

Steven Burn

Are the two servers on the same network?

If so, why not just use FSO?....and if not, would FTP/RSync do? (I *believe*
you can get RSync for Windows)

--
Regards

Steven Burn