Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Visual Interdev 6.0

Visual Interdev 6.0

QZ

I installed Visual Studio 6.0. When I tried to open Visual Interdev, I got
the error message "Your trial version has expired, please uninstall this
trial version of 'Visual InterDev 6.0; and install the retail product", but I
do installed the retail version. How do I fixed this problem?

Thanks,

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

"QZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I installed Visual Studio 6.0. When I tried to open Visual Interdev, I got
> the error message "Your trial version has expired, please uninstall this
> trial version of 'Visual InterDev 6.0; and install the retail product",
> but I
> do installed the retail version. How do I fixed this problem?

You have been fooled by the seller that sold you Visual Studio as if it were
a retail version.
Try to report him to the authorities.

There's no known problem with Visual Internet that goes in to 'trial' mode.

> Thanks,

Dave Anderson

QZ wrote:
> I installed Visual Studio 6.0. When I tried to open Visual Interdev,
> I got the error message "Your trial version has expired, please
> uninstall this trial version of 'Visual InterDev 6.0; and install the
> retail product", but I do installed the retail version. How do I
> fixed this problem?

Is this an ASP question? If you are merely desiring to use InterDev as an
ASP editor, consider giving Visual Web Developer a try. It's free for one
year -- plenty of time to evaluate it, IMO. Better still, it does not
require you to remove your existing InterDev or Visual Studio.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/download/

--
Dave Anderson

QZ

I got the VS 6 CD from Microsoft MSDN. I think it should be the real product.
I also searched from Microsoft Knowledge Base. I found an article to mention
this error(see Article 248073), but there is no solution. I hope I can find
the solution here.

Thanks,

"Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS)" wrote:

> "QZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I installed Visual Studio 6.0. When I tried to open Visual Interdev, I got
> > the error message "Your trial version has expired, please uninstall this
> > trial version of 'Visual InterDev 6.0; and install the retail product",
> > but I
> > do installed the retail version. How do I fixed this problem?

> You have been fooled by the seller that sold you Visual Studio as if it were
> a retail version.
> Try to report him to the authorities.
>
> There's no known problem with Visual Internet that goes in to 'trial' mode.
>

> > Thanks,

Bob Lehmann

>> It's free for one year -- plenty of time to evaluate it

It is now free forever.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/support/faq/
Scroll down to item 10.

Orignally, the download was being offered for free for one year. It would
never expire for those who downloaded it within the year.

Bob Lehmann

"Dave Anderson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> QZ wrote:
> > I installed Visual Studio 6.0. When I tried to open Visual Interdev,
> > I got the error message "Your trial version has expired, please
> > uninstall this trial version of 'Visual InterDev 6.0; and install the
> > retail product", but I do installed the retail version. How do I
> > fixed this problem?

> Is this an ASP question? If you are merely desiring to use InterDev as an
> ASP editor, consider giving Visual Web Developer a try. It's free for one
> year -- plenty of time to evaluate it, IMO. Better still, it does not
> require you to remove your existing InterDev or Visual Studio.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/download/
>

> --
> Dave Anderson

Use
> of this email address implies consent to these terms.

Kyle Peterson

some msdn stuff expires depends on the package you got

"QZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I got the VS 6 CD from Microsoft MSDN. I think it should be the real
>product.
> I also searched from Microsoft Knowledge Base. I found an article to
> mention
> this error(see Article 248073), but there is no solution. I hope I can
> find
> the solution here.
>
> Thanks,
>
> "Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS)" wrote:
>

>> "QZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I installed Visual Studio 6.0. When I tried to open Visual Interdev, I
>> >got
>> > the error message "Your trial version has expired, please uninstall
>> > this
>> > trial version of 'Visual InterDev 6.0; and install the retail product",
>> > but I
>> > do installed the retail version. How do I fixed this problem?

>> You have been fooled by the seller that sold you Visual Studio as if it
>> were
>> a retail version.
>> Try to report him to the authorities.
>>
>> There's no known problem with Visual Internet that goes in to 'trial'
>> mode.
>>

>> > Thanks,

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

"QZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I got the VS 6 CD from Microsoft MSDN. I think it should be the real
>product.
> I also searched from Microsoft Knowledge Base. I found an article to
> mention
> this error(see Article 248073), but there is no solution. I hope I can
> find
> the solution here.
>
> Thanks,

If that is true, the expiration is OS + product-related.

Visual Interdef and Visual STudio 6 contained Java stuff, which is
'forbidden' because the license to contain some 'java' VM compatibility is
now forbidden for Microsoft.

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

"QZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I got the VS 6 CD from Microsoft MSDN. I think it should be the real
>product.
> I also searched from Microsoft Knowledge Base. I found an article to
> mention
> this error(see Article 248073), but there is no solution. I hope I can
> find
> the solution here.
>
> Thanks,

I'd advise you to use Visual STudio Web developer Express

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/ex...d/default.aspx

Visual Interdef is hopelessly aged and producing expired HTML code.