Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > error page

error page

amatuer

hi i have a link from page1 to page2. this link uses a querystring to
transfer data. usually i have no problems using querystring t transfer
data. bt for the first time page2 does not display.an eror page
displays. i had a look at the properties of the error page to see if
the url is correct and i noticed somthng iv never seen before.this is
it:
res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/http_500.htm#http://gisserver/verslag/Trans_Edit3...Id=141&TId=264

Anyone have any suggestions.
Thanx

Mike Brind

amatuer wrote:
> hi i have a link from page1 to page2. this link uses a querystring to
> transfer data. usually i have no problems using querystring t transfer
> data. bt for the first time page2 does not display.an eror page
> displays. i had a look at the properties of the error page to see if
> the url is correct and i noticed somthng iv never seen before.this is
> it:
> res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/http_500.htm#http://gisserver/verslag/Trans_Edit3...Id=141&TId=264
>
> Anyone have any suggestions.
> Thanx

What is the error, and which line of code causes it?

--
Mike Brind

amatuer

It does not say which line gives the error. So i don't have a clue what
the problem is.
Do you have any ideas Mike?

Mike Brind wrote:
> amatuer wrote:
> > hi i have a link from page1 to page2. this link uses a querystring to
> > transfer data. usually i have no problems using querystring t transfer
> > data. bt for the first time page2 does not display.an eror page
> > displays. i had a look at the properties of the error page to see if
> > the url is correct and i noticed somthng iv never seen before.this is
> > it:
> > res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/http_500.htm#http://gisserver/verslag/Trans_Edit3...Id=141&TId=264
> >
> > Anyone have any suggestions.
> > Thanx

> What is the error, and which line of code causes it?
>
> --
> Mike Brind

Anthony Jones

"amatuer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> hi i have a link from page1 to page2. this link uses a querystring to
> transfer data. usually i have no problems using querystring t transfer
> data. bt for the first time page2 does not display.an eror page
> displays. i had a look at the properties of the error page to see if
> the url is correct and i noticed somthng iv never seen before.this is
> it:

res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/http_500.htm#http://gisserver/verslag/
Trans_Edit3.asp?klient=54&adviseur=4&ActId=141&TId =264

> Anyone have any suggestions.
> Thanx

Turn off 'Show Friendly Errors' in the Advanced Options of IE.

IE will now show you the error HTML sent by the Server and that should tell
you what the error is and where in the page it occurred.

Anthony.

amatuer

Thanx alot Anthony. Helped alot.

Anthony Jones wrote:
> "amatuer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > hi i have a link from page1 to page2. this link uses a querystring to
> > transfer data. usually i have no problems using querystring t transfer
> > data. bt for the first time page2 does not display.an eror page
> > displays. i had a look at the properties of the error page to see if
> > the url is correct and i noticed somthng iv never seen before.this is
> > it:
> >

> res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/http_500.htm#http://gisserver/verslag/
> Trans_Edit3.asp?klient=54&adviseur=4&ActId=141&TId =264
> >
> > Anyone have any suggestions.
> > Thanx
> >

> Turn off 'Show Friendly Errors' in the Advanced Options of IE.
>
> IE will now show you the error HTML sent by the Server and that should tell
> you what the error is and where in the page it occurred.
>
> Anthony.

Bjørn Tveter

How can i bind a gridviews'datasource parameter (source) which is inside
a usercontrol. To a custom property of the usercontrol.

Example:
the usercontrol cardDetail.ascx has a property companyNr.
And i want to bind one of the select parameters to a gridview
(datasource) inside this usercontrol to the companyNr - parameter.