Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Is multithreading possible in ASP?

Is multithreading possible in ASP?

sundar22in@gmail.com

Hi,
Iam working on a ASP page which updates about 10000 datas. So it takes
more than 1 hour. So how can we redure the time? Is multithreading
possible in ASP?

Kindly Help

-Sundar

Patrice

What is the DB ? For example SQL Server has bulk import capabilities. I
would start by trying to find where the time is spent and by explaining how
the update is currently done...

For example instead of reading an input file line by line and perform the
update by using a SQL statement for each line, you could bulk insert the
data into a work table and then update the final table using this work table
by using a single SQL statement... This could be quicker.

--
Patrice

<(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi,
> Iam working on a ASP page which updates about 10000 datas. So it takes
> more than 1 hour. So how can we redure the time? Is multithreading
> possible in ASP?
>
> Kindly Help
>
> -Sundar

sundar22in@gmail.com

Hi Patrice,
Thanks for your reply. We are using MySQL Database. As you said iam
exploring bulk import in MySQL...

-Sundar

travislspencer@gmail.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,

Hey,

> Iam working on a ASP page which updates about 10000 datas. So it takes
> more than 1 hour. So how can we redure the time?

Improve the algorithm. How fast is it running -- exponential? Reduce
it to logarithmic or quadratic.

Use better data structures. Use a dictionary so you can perform
lookups in linear time, for example, rather than a list that has to
traverse some number of possible matches each time. That sort of
thing.

> Is multithreading
> possible in ASP?

Kinda. If you write a COM component in ATL using C++ that supports
automation, you can do all the parallelization you would want.

--

Regards,

Travis Spencer