Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How to trap error '80072020'

How to trap error '80072020'

JP SIngh

We are using an ASP page to allow our users to update this Active Directory
Information.

Our testing show that for 90% of the users this works fine but for a small
number of users it gives an error '80072020'

Is there a way to display a more friendly error message rather than it
saying error '80072020'

thanks

Anthony Jones

"JP SIngh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We are using an ASP page to allow our users to update this Active

Directory
> Information.
>
> Our testing show that for 90% of the users this works fine but for a small
> number of users it gives an error '80072020'
>
> Is there a way to display a more friendly error message rather than it
> saying error '80072020'

You google the number.

> thanks

Bob Barrows [MVP]

JP SIngh wrote:
> We are using an ASP page to allow our users to update this Active
> Directory Information.
>
> Our testing show that for 90% of the users this works fine but for a
> small number of users it gives an error '80072020'
>
> Is there a way to display a more friendly error message rather than it
> saying error '80072020'

Use "ON Error Resume Next ... If err <> 0 Then" to trap the error.
I don't understand the question ... are you unaware of how to trap errors in
vbscript?
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"