Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Is this a good book to start off with to learn ASP?

Is this a good book to start off with to learn ASP?

kickedmydog@gmail.com

I found this on E-Bay and heard that it's a good start.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:L:grin:S:US:8

Can anyone with experience in ASP confirm this?

Thanks

kickedmydog@gmail.com

Thanks for the advice.

> ASP 3.0 is old technology. Is there some reason to use ASP instead of
> ASP.Net? Is the learning curve of .Net a factor? If you are going to
> take the time out to learn ASP technology, I would recommend a newer
> book on ASP.Net.
>
> On 11 Jul 2006 14:13:59 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> >I found this on E-Bay and heard that it's a good start.
> >
> >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:L:grin:S:US:8
> >
> >Can anyone with experience in ASP confirm this?
> >
> >Thanks

Mike Brind

I've had that book for about 6 years. I still refer to it
occasionally. If you want to learn ASP 3.0, it's very good indeed.

--
Mike Brind

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Thanks for the advice.
>

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > ASP 3.0 is old technology. Is there some reason to use ASP instead of
> > ASP.Net? Is the learning curve of .Net a factor? If you are going to
> > take the time out to learn ASP technology, I would recommend a newer
> > book on ASP.Net.
> >
> > On 11 Jul 2006 14:13:59 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >
> > >I found this on E-Bay and heard that it's a good start.
> > >
> > >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:L:grin:S:US:8
> > >
> > >Can anyone with experience in ASP confirm this?
> > >
> > >Thanks

matt.gortner@gmail.com

I have that book as well. Lots of information (perhaps too much to
start with).

A smaller (thus easier to carry around), handy reference (also very
cheap) is Active Server Pages 3.0: Your Visual Blueprint for Developing
Interactive Web Sites (isbn 0764534726)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/076...lance&n=283155