Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Page cannot be displayed in release mode

Page cannot be displayed in release mode

Joel

Hi,

I am pretty new to asp.net, and have recently taken over a project. I have
gotten to the point where I am about to release my changes, but for some
reason when i build the project in release mode and launch in in IE I always
get a "The Page cannot be displayed" page instead of my login form.

Anyone have any ideas? The applciation works fine in debug mode, its just in
release mode that this happens.

Regards,
Joel

Mike Brind

Joel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am pretty new to asp.net, and have recently taken over a project. I have
> gotten to the point where I am about to release my changes, but for some
> reason when i build the project in release mode and launch in in IE I always
> get a "The Page cannot be displayed" page instead of my login form.
>
> Anyone have any ideas? The applciation works fine in debug mode, its just in
> release mode that this happens.
>
> Regards,
> Joel

Try a Dotnet group. This one covers classic asp, which is totally
different.

Best option: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

--
Mike Brind

Rob Meade

"Joel" wrote ...

> Anyone have any ideas? The applciation works fine in debug mode, its just
> in release mode that this happens.

Like Mike mentioned this isn't really the right group - however, one thing
that's caught me out in the past was the project build configuration, it
might be that you've got it only building your projects in DEBUG mode and
not in RELEASE mode, couple this with a browser set to only show friendly
error messages and this could be the cause..

Hope this helps, and that you get it sorted ..

Rob