Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How can I Run a file without a messagebox

How can I Run a file without a messagebox

Torres

Dear all,

I use this "HyperLink1.NavigateUrl = "\\aoui\myeoe\testing.bat" to run
the batch file. The windows will show a messagebox "RUN" "SAVE" OR
"CANCEL". I want to run the batch file directly and without any
prompted action.

pls help !!

thx

Evertjan.

Torres wrote on 29 jun 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> I use this "HyperLink1.NavigateUrl = "\\aoui\myeoe\testing.bat" to run
> the batch file. The windows will show a messagebox "RUN" "SAVE" OR
> "CANCEL". I want to run the batch file directly and without any
> prompted action.

This is not classic ASP, methinks.

Wait a minute - you're talking .NET aren't you?

This is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.NET is totally different.
Try over at microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Torres wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I use this "HyperLink1.NavigateUrl = "\\aoui\myeoe\testing.bat" to run
> the batch file. The windows will show a messagebox "RUN" "SAVE" OR
> "CANCEL". I want to run the batch file directly and without any
> prompted action.

1. As Evertjian says, this is the wrong group
2. What you want is not possible. Think of the havoc hackers could wreak if
browsers allowed programs to run on client machines without prompting the
user.
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"