Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP error messages nested on with IIS 6.0

ASP error messages nested on with IIS 6.0

Lambuz

When an HTTP 500.100 occure in IIS 5.0, I was getting redirected to a
HTTP 500.100 - 'page cannot be displayed' error page when there was an
error, but now in IIS 6.0, I get 'Microsoft VBScript runtime error
'800a01c2' ' nested within the page.

I'm trying to create my own error messages so it will re-direct to my
own error page and send me an email. I used to be able to do this in
IIS 5.0 but I can't seem to get it going in IIS 6.0 as it doesn't
re-direct to a default error message.

Anyone know how to get IIS 6.0 to work like IIS 5.0, or is there
another way of doing it, or is this not even an IIS problem!

Any help would be great!

Anthony Jones

"Lambuz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> When an HTTP 500.100 occure in IIS 5.0, I was getting redirected to a
> HTTP 500.100 - 'page cannot be displayed' error page when there was an
> error, but now in IIS 6.0, I get 'Microsoft VBScript runtime error
> '800a01c2' ' nested within the page.
>

> I'm trying to create my own error messages so it will re-direct to my
> own error page and send me an email. I used to be able to do this in
> IIS 5.0 but I can't seem to get it going in IIS 6.0 as it doesn't
> re-direct to a default error message.
>
> Anyone know how to get IIS 6.0 to work like IIS 5.0, or is there
> another way of doing it, or is this not even an IIS problem!
>
> Any help would be great!

In IIS manager open the properties of the root folder for your application.
On the custom errors tab scroll down to 500.100 and modify the entry. Set
it to URL and specify the path to an ASP page that you want to run when the
error occurs. For example I have an application rooted at top of the
website and I place my own 500.100 in the root. So the URL is
/my500100.asp.

You can then use info from Server.GetLastError to generate your email.

Anthony

Lambuz

I've already done it but it still doesn't work.

I've already restart IIS and the server but nothing to do.

please help me

Anthony Jones

"Lambuz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I've already done it but it still doesn't work.
>
> I've already restart IIS and the server but nothing to do.
>
> please help me

What does it do? This technique works fine on dozens of both IIS 5.0 and
IIS 6.0 systems I've configured.
Does ASP work in general?

Kyle Peterson

maybe its the browser settings