Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP (not .Net) and Socket

ASP (not .Net) and Socket

JScoobyCed

Hi,

Is network communication available on ASP (not .Net)? My code is on
two ASP servers on which I cannot install any components.
My need is quite basic:
The Client (browser) POST/GET a HTTP request to Server1
Server1 POST/GET a HTTP request Server2
Server2 respond with a Comma Separated Values file
Server1 compose page with data from Server2
Server1 sends back the result to Client1

I know there are other solutions like XML-RPC, but it needs to install
something on the server.

Please advise. Thanks a lot.

--
JSC

Anthony Jones

"JScoobyCed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44a2556c$0$19637$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Is network communication available on ASP (not .Net)? My code is on
> two ASP servers on which I cannot install any components.
> My need is quite basic:
> The Client (browser) POST/GET a HTTP request to Server1
> Server1 POST/GET a HTTP request Server2
> Server2 respond with a Comma Separated Values file
> Server1 compose page with data from Server2
> Server1 sends back the result to Client1
>
> I know there are other solutions like XML-RPC, but it needs to install
> something on the server.

It's fairly certain an ASP server will have MSXML3 installed. So use
MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0.
An alternative would be to use the WinHTTP object directly which will be
present on Windows 2000 SP2 or higher however I prefer to go via the
ServerXMLHTTP route.

> Please advise. Thanks a lot.
>
> --
> JSC

JScoobyCed

Anthony Jones wrote:
> It's fairly certain an ASP server will have MSXML3 installed. So use
> MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0.

To quote Homer Simpson:
"Doh!"

Thanks