Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > KB917344 has broken JavaScript ASP

KB917344 has broken JavaScript ASP

Anon

Since installing the security update
on our Windows 2000 server (SP4) all ASP pages which utilise Javascript have
stopped working with the following error

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0129'
Unknown scripting language
/whateverfile.asp, line 2
The scripting language 'JavaScript' is not found on the server.

Any ideas why, and how to fix it please?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Anon wrote:
> Since installing the security update

> on our Windows 2000 server (SP4) all ASP pages which utilise
> Javascript have stopped working with the following error
>
> Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0129'
> Unknown scripting language
> /whateverfile.asp, line 2
> The scripting language 'JavaScript' is not found on the server.
>
> Any ideas why, and how to fix it please?

None, outside of changing "JavaScript" to "JScript" in the first line of
the page. I don't know if that will help: it's just the first thought
that occurred to me.

Frankly, this sounds like a bug that should be addressed by MS PSS. You
will not be charged for reporting a bug.
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Turkbear

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:56:29 -0400, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anon wrote:
>> Since installing the security update
>>

>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
>> on our Windows 2000 server (SP4) all ASP pages which utilise
>> Javascript have stopped working with the following error
>>
>> Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0129'
>> Unknown scripting language
>> /whateverfile.asp, line 2
>> The scripting language 'JavaScript' is not found on the server.
>>
>> Any ideas why, and how to fix it please?

>None, outside of changing "JavaScript" to "JScript" in the first line of
>the page. I don't know if that will help: it's just the first thought
>that occurred to me.
>
>Frankly, this sounds like a bug that should be addressed by MS PSS. You
>will not be charged for reporting a bug.

We use lots of JavaScript ( On both W2K and 2003 servers) and have seen no issues after applying that update..
Perhaps something else was changed?
Does the event viewer have any additional info on this?

Anon

>> on our Windows 2000 server (SP4) all ASP pages which utilise
>> Javascript have stopped working with the following error
>>
>> Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0129'
>> Unknown scripting language
>> /whateverfile.asp, line 2
>> The scripting language 'JavaScript' is not found on the server.
>>
>> Any ideas why, and how to fix it please?

> None, outside of changing "JavaScript" to "JScript" in the first line of
> the page. I don't know if that will help: it's just the first thought
> that occurred to me.

Hi, thank you for the suggestion, we did try this, but get the same error

Anon

>>> Since installing the security update
>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
>>> on our Windows 2000 server (SP4) all ASP pages which utilise
>>> Javascript have stopped working with the following error
>>> Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0129'
>>> Unknown scripting language
>>> /whateverfile.asp, line 2
>>> The scripting language 'JavaScript' is not found on the server.

> We use lots of JavaScript ( On both W2K and 2003 servers) and have seen no
> issues after applying that update..
> Perhaps something else was changed?
> Does the event viewer have any additional info on this?

No, definitely nothing else changed, and it's only affecting our Windows
2000 servers. No info in the event log either

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

"Anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dDcog.62$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> on our Windows 2000 server (SP4) all ASP pages which utilise
>>> Javascript have stopped working with the following error
>>>
>>> Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0129'
>>> Unknown scripting language
>>> /whateverfile.asp, line 2
>>> The scripting language 'JavaScript' is not found on the server.
>>>
>>> Any ideas why, and how to fix it please?

>> None, outside of changing "JavaScript" to "JScript" in the first line of
>> the page. I don't know if that will help: it's just the first thought
>> that occurred to me.
>>

> Hi, thank you for the suggestion, we did try this, but get the same error

try to re-register.
regsvr32 \windows\system32\jscript.dll