Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Help or Ideas

Help or Ideas

S Reichard

Here is my issue... I am working on creating a website
http://www.adoptabrick.com

The new site is in progress http://www.adoptabrick.com/pilot

The first website uses flash right now on the page marked "The Wall". I
would like to change the page to utilize aspx. Is it possible?

Here is the background. The brick images are on the file system. The
information displayed is based on a query to a backend database. the query
determines what to pull in. i.e. The database will only have the name of
the image to pull in and then flash will link the image name from the
database to that on the file system. The image is displayed as you can see
with the text overlayed on top.

ASPX
I have a basic datagrid created and it pulls the image from the file system
when putting the image name in the database, however I can not get it to
format similar to that of the one in flash. Also, I have not figured out how
to put the text on the image either. The image will be created dynamically
at run time! I hope all this makes sense... it is complicated and I am
wasting valuable time. I have read about GDI+. Basically each record in the
database will have an image associated with it. I want to take the image and
build a wall, if possible with text overlaying each image based on what the
customer entered.

What tools are better for doing this, or is it not possible?

Mike Brind

S Reichard wrote:

[snip]

> ASPX
> I have a basic datagrid created and it pulls the image from the file system
> when putting the image name in the database, however I can not get it to
> format similar to that of the one in flash. Also, I have not figured out how
> to put the text on the image either. The image will be created dynamically
> at run time! I hope all this makes sense... it is complicated and I am
> wasting valuable time. I have read about GDI+. Basically each record in the
> database will have an image associated with it. I want to take the image and
> build a wall, if possible with text overlaying each image based on what the
> customer entered.
>
> What tools are better for doing this, or is it not possible?

This newsgroup covers classic asp. DotNet is a different technology.
Try microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

--
Mike Brind

Ideas ..Help with webpage Ivan HTML 0 04-08-2006 09:26 AM
Help me with ur ideas for this project plz!!! s.subbarayan C Programming 2 08-20-2004 06:35 PM
cisco router help, out of ideas jason Cisco 0 05-18-2004 06:10 PM
Response.Redirect NOT causing roundtrip to client, ideas? help? Peter Row ASP .Net 0 02-19-2004 08:25 AM
Help esk Suggestions - Best Practices, Tool, ideas, suggestions, etc JohnNews Computer Support 3 06-23-2003 11:20 PM

Advertisments