Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Unable to display web page

Unable to display web page

Seok Bee

Hi,

I am currently facing some difficulties in accessing my web page. I am
creating my company intranet website. Currently, I am developing my webpages
in my local machine with IIS activated. When i run the website from my local
machine's IE by typing //<computer name> my webpage displayed.

However when I do the same thing from another machine in the network, I got
the error "The page cannot be displayed".

Can someone please assist and advise me on this. Thanks.

Regards,
Seok Bee

James Jones

try the ip address, not the machine name................

on my network with IIS enabled i used my network IP (192.168.xx.xx) and it
loaded rite up for me.

so get the IP address for THAT machine, go to the other machine type it
in.....

To get IP for that machine

1) Click Start
2) Click on Run
3) Type in CMD and hit enter
4) Type in IPCONFIG and hit enter
5) It will then display your IP address

hope this works

"Seok Bee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am currently facing some difficulties in accessing my web page. I am
> creating my company intranet website. Currently, I am developing my
> webpages
> in my local machine with IIS activated. When i run the website from my
> local
> machine's IE by typing //<computer name> my webpage displayed.
>
> However when I do the same thing from another machine in the network, I
> got
> the error "The page cannot be displayed".
>
> Can someone please assist and advise me on this. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Seok Bee

Seok Bee

I've tried using the IP address. It doesn't work.

"James Jones" wrote:

> try the ip address, not the machine name................
>

> on my network with IIS enabled i used my network IP (192.168.xx.xx) and it
> loaded rite up for me.
>

> so get the IP address for THAT machine, go to the other machine type it
> in.....
>

> To get IP for that machine
>
> 1) Click Start
> 2) Click on Run
> 3) Type in CMD and hit enter
> 4) Type in IPCONFIG and hit enter
> 5) It will then display your IP address
>

> hope this works
>

> "Seok Bee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am currently facing some difficulties in accessing my web page. I am
> > creating my company intranet website. Currently, I am developing my
> > webpages
> > in my local machine with IIS activated. When i run the website from my
> > local
> > machine's IE by typing //<computer name> my webpage displayed.
> >
> > However when I do the same thing from another machine in the network, I
> > got
> > the error "The page cannot be displayed".
> >
> > Can someone please assist and advise me on this. Thanks.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Seok Bee

James Jones

ok..........try setting the IP to anything besides *All Unassigned IP*?

set it to ur IP........

also check the permissions mayb.............

i dunno sry i couldnt help