Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Sending email via .asp

Sending email via .asp

Johnfli

Set ObjMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
ObjMail.From = emlFrom
ObjMail.To = emlAddress
ObjMail.Subject = emlSubject
ObjMail.Body = emlBody
ObjMail.Send
Set ObjMail = Nothing

I recently upgraded my webserver from NT4.0 to Windows 2003 Web Edition.
Now, the above code no longer works.
It worked great on NT4

What do I need to do to make it work with my new server?

Mike Brind

Johnfli wrote:
> Set ObjMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
> ObjMail.From = emlFrom
> ObjMail.To = emlAddress
> ObjMail.Subject = emlSubject
> ObjMail.Body = emlBody
> ObjMail.Send
> Set ObjMail = Nothing
>

> I recently upgraded my webserver from NT4.0 to Windows 2003 Web Edition.
> Now, the above code no longer works.
> It worked great on NT4
>
> What do I need to do to make it work with my new server?

Either get a copy cdonts.dll and register it on the server (quick
solution), or migrate your code to use cdosys.dll. (preferred solution)

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2026

--
Mike Brind

Michael Kujawa

Hi John,

CDONTS is no longer supported on 2003
you have to use CDO

check this out
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315197

"Johnfli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Set ObjMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
> ObjMail.From = emlFrom
> ObjMail.To = emlAddress
> ObjMail.Subject = emlSubject
> ObjMail.Body = emlBody
> ObjMail.Send
> Set ObjMail = Nothing
>

> I recently upgraded my webserver from NT4.0 to Windows 2003 Web Edition.
> Now, the above code no longer works.
> It worked great on NT4
>
> What do I need to do to make it work with my new server?

Michael Kujawa

hmmm
tried to cancel my reply post after I saw Mike B
had already answered. There is a definite time lag
on this server.

msnews.microsoft.com does not allow canceling
messages?

"Michael Kujawa" <nof at kujawas dot net> wrote in message
news:%23DM%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi John,
>
> CDONTS is no longer supported on 2003
> you have to use CDO
>
> check this out
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315197
>

> "Johnfli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Set ObjMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
> > ObjMail.From = emlFrom
> > ObjMail.To = emlAddress
> > ObjMail.Subject = emlSubject
> > ObjMail.Body = emlBody
> > ObjMail.Send
> > Set ObjMail = Nothing
> >

> > I recently upgraded my webserver from NT4.0 to Windows 2003 Web Edition.
> > Now, the above code no longer works.
> > It worked great on NT4
> >
> > What do I need to do to make it work with my new server?

Kyle Peterson

http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/...ail_cdosys.asp