Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > International character dissapears from FORM

Reply
Thread Tools

International character dissapears from FORM

 
 
royend@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-21-2006
Hi.
I am having problems sending values from a simple FORM to a database.
All is written in ASP, and I am doing some validations before it is
actually saved in my database.

It worked for several years, but now it won't accept international
characters. This means that the Norwegian word for boat "BT" ends up
like "BT" since the "" isn't sent.

I have done several testings, and it actually looks like the error
occurs immidiately after I hit the submit-button.

Does anybody know why this problem has occured?
Looking forward to your answers.
royend...

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
James Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-21-2006
use the character codes, not the actual letter. so when the character is
posted.....try to convert it......

<%
varItsStoredIn = Replace(varItsStoredIn, "", "")
%>


hope this helps ya.









<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
Hi.
I am having problems sending values from a simple FORM to a database.
All is written in ASP, and I am doing some validations before it is
actually saved in my database.

It worked for several years, but now it won't accept international
characters. This means that the Norwegian word for boat "BT" ends up
like "BT" since the "" isn't sent.

I have done several testings, and it actually looks like the error
occurs immidiately after I hit the submit-button.

Does anybody know why this problem has occured?
Looking forward to your answers.
royend...


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
royend@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-21-2006
I have actually tried converting the letters with ASP, but the problem
is that the string is transformed before it reaches the ASP.

In my .asp-file I have
Response.Write(Request.Form("text"))
as my first line, and it still don't contain the international
letters....

I really don't get this one, as I have multiple forms that actually
does send everything perfect.

royend


James Jones wrote:
> use the character codes, not the actual letter. so when the character is
> posted.....try to convert it......
>
> <%
> varItsStoredIn = Replace(varItsStoredIn, "", "")
> %>
>
>
> hope this helps ya.
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Evertjan.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-21-2006
wrote on 21 jun 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> James Jones wrote:
>> use the character codes, not the actual letter. so when the character
>> is posted.....try to convert it......
>>
>> <%
>> varItsStoredIn = Replace(varItsStoredIn, "", "")
>> %>
>>

> I have actually tried converting the letters with ASP, but the problem
> is that the string is transformed before it reaches the ASP.
>
> In my .asp-file I have
> Response.Write(Request.Form("text"))
> as my first line, and it still don't contain the international
> letters....
>
> I really don't get this one, as I have multiple forms that actually
> does send everything perfect.


I strongly suspect it has to do with the character set used by your
browser. Try rightclicking on the page in IE and try different
"encoding"s.

ASP can set these for you in the header.

Under ASP try different "code-pages":

How?
<http://www.html.dk/dokumentation/objects/asp/iiapmls.htm>

Baltic:
<http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/iso/28594.mspx>

More:
<http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/wincp.mspx>


--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
(Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
 
Reply With Quote
 
royend@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-21-2006
Thanks for the advice, but still it didn't work. This is a real
challenge as I need this to get working.

Another tips for those looking for their LCID-code:
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/r.../lcid-all.mspx

Still looking for the correct answer to my problem though.
Thanks for all your tips so far.
royend

 
Reply With Quote
 
Evertjan.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-21-2006
wrote on 21 jun 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> Thanks for the advice, but still it didn't work. This is a real
> challenge as I need this to get working.
>


Please quote what you are replying to.

If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use the
"Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at the
top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the article
headers.

<http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/>

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
(Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
 
Reply With Quote
 
royend@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-22-2006
Thanks for your tip!

Evertjan. wrote:
> Please quote what you are replying to.
>
> If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use the
> "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at the
> top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the article
> headers.
>
> <http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/>


I will use this technique from now on.
Still, no solution to the problem though...
royend

 
Reply With Quote
 
Evertjan.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-22-2006
wrote on 22 jun 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> Thanks for your tip!
>
> Evertjan. wrote:
>> Please quote what you are replying to.
>>
>> If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use the
>> "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
>> the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of
>> the article headers.
>>
>> <http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/>

>
> I will use this technique from now on.
> Still, no solution to the problem though...
> royend
>


What problem?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
(Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
International character dissapears from FORM royend@gmail.com HTML 1 07-04-2006 10:53 PM
Firefor.exe dissapears ar@x Firefox 3 09-24-2005 01:33 PM
News Command Dissapears in Outlook James Burden Computer Support 1 04-04-2004 06:50 PM
user control dissapears from panel on post back =?Utf-8?B?VHJveQ==?= ASP .Net 1 01-23-2004 08:05 PM
sound card dissapears kay & wand Computer Support 0 07-17-2003 11:41 PM



Advertisments