Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > username and password validation

username and password validation

Dave Anderson

Justin Piper wrote:
> I can't even see how it would work. If omitting Option
> Explicit causes the parser to skip the pass where it checks
> for declared variables, then it wouldn't have an opportunity
> to build the name tables Eric describes, and it would have
> to fall back on the hunt-all-over-everywhere strategy. It
> sounds like complete bunk to me.

I don't think it's possible for the parser to not parse the script, Option
Explicit or not. I have read Lippert's post carefully, and I don't see
anything to suggest that. And I believe this sentence suggests the opposite:

"By forcing you to declare locals, Option Explicit makes you write
faster code."

Lippert seems to be saying that it is the variable declaration, and not the
Option Explicit directive, that matters.

--
Dave Anderson