Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Include a CGI file in an ASP file?

Include a CGI file in an ASP file?

Bill

How can I include a .cgi file in an .ASP file?

I've tried #include, Server.Transfer, and Server.Execute (yes, I know the last two are
only for ASP, but I tried it anyway).

If I have to, I guess I'll use ASPHTTP to do an http call to the file but first I wanted
to see if there was a more elegant way to do it...!

Is there an efficient way to include the output of a .cgi file in an ASP file?

Bill.

Tim Slattery

"Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How can I include a .cgi file in an .ASP file?
>
>I've tried #include, Server.Transfer, and Server.Execute (yes, I know the last two are
>only for ASP, but I tried it anyway).

#include should suffice to suck *any* file into your ASP file. But
just what are you hoping to accomplish? A CGI file can be written in
*any* language. The CGI facility can call Perl scripts, Python
scripts, C or C++ programs, etc. etc. Simply including a Perl script,
for example, into your ASP page won't do any good, the ASP filter
won't have a clue what to do with it. If you want it to be executed
you'll have to do something else.

>If I have to, I guess I'll use ASPHTTP to do an http call to the file but first I wanted
>to see if there was a more elegant way to do it...!

I confess I don't know what ASPHTTP is. If it's a way of sending a
request to the server, then that's probably what you need to do.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)