Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > OT: dictionary

OT: dictionary

Sonnich

Hi all

I am new to ASP, but I have been a programmer for years.
The point is, that I know well what to do, but to have to search for
words in ASP (vbs/js). The point it, I know the structure and idea of
what I'd like to do, but I dont know the word in vbs. E.g. Pos in
Delphi is the same as InStr in VB - they do the same, but a
translalation is needed.
Therefore the idea of a dictionary where I can look up works from
Delphi and find them in (this case) vb(s).

Does anyone find this problem common?
(not talking specific languages, but e.g. a Delphi - VB - C dictionary
might be handy).

BR
Sonnich

Anthony Jones

"Sonnich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi all
>
> I am new to ASP, but I have been a programmer for years.
> The point is, that I know well what to do, but to have to search for
> words in ASP (vbs/js). The point it, I know the structure and idea of
> what I'd like to do, but I dont know the word in vbs. E.g. Pos in
> Delphi is the same as InStr in VB - they do the same, but a
> translalation is needed.
> Therefore the idea of a dictionary where I can look up works from
> Delphi and find them in (this case) vb(s).
>
> Does anyone find this problem common?
> (not talking specific languages, but e.g. a Delphi - VB - C dictionary
> might be handy).

Try just scanning the language reference:-

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...0296ced968.asp

The language is that extensive and it should be fairly obvious what most
functions do.

> BR
> Sonnich

Sonnich

Anthony Jones wrote:
> "Sonnich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> > I am new to ASP, but I have been a programmer for years.
> > The point is, that I know well what to do, but to have to search for
> > words in ASP (vbs/js). The point it, I know the structure and idea of
> > what I'd like to do, but I dont know the word in vbs. E.g. Pos in
> > Delphi is the same as InStr in VB - they do the same, but a
> > translalation is needed.
> > Therefore the idea of a dictionary where I can look up works from
> > Delphi and find them in (this case) vb(s).
> >
> > Does anyone find this problem common?
> > (not talking specific languages, but e.g. a Delphi - VB - C dictionary
> > might be handy).

> Try just scanning the language reference:-
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...0296ced968.asp

Thanks, that will come in handy.

I'd still like to know whether there is a public interest in my idea?

BR
Sonnich