Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > File Unavailable ASP code

File Unavailable ASP code

jnb0012@unt.edu

I created a form and sent the inputs to an asp file where I use the
entry to open an excel file by saying

Response.Redirect("filename")

I want to use this because I will be sending new reports everyday and
don't want to update the list of available reports for the user to
choose from. This all works fine, my question is...Does anyone know
how to get a pop up or something instead of going to This page cannot
be found error page when the file is not available? Not sure how I
would code it to check for the file and then give me a pop up if it
isn't there.

Thanks

jnb0012@unt.edu

Clarification: What they now see is drop downs for day, month, and
year.

Patrice

Use the Scripting.FileSystemObject class to check for file existance

--

<(E-Mail Removed)> a Úcrit dans le message de news:
(E-Mail Removed). com...
>I created a form and sent the inputs to an asp file where I use the
> entry to open an excel file by saying
>
> Response.Redirect("filename")
>

> I want to use this because I will be sending new reports everyday and
> don't want to update the list of available reports for the user to
> choose from. This all works fine, my question is...Does anyone know
> how to get a pop up or something instead of going to This page cannot
> be found error page when the file is not available? Not sure how I
> would code it to check for the file and then give me a pop up if it
> isn't there.
>

> Thanks

Mike Brind

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I created a form and sent the inputs to an asp file where I use the
> entry to open an excel file by saying
>
> Response.Redirect("filename")
>

> I want to use this because I will be sending new reports everyday and
> don't want to update the list of available reports for the user to
> choose from. This all works fine, my question is...Does anyone know
> how to get a pop up or something instead of going to This page cannot
> be found error page when the file is not available? Not sure how I
> would code it to check for the file and then give me a pop up if it
> isn't there.
>

> Thanks

Did my suggestion in the other group not work then?

--
Mike Brind

jnb0012@unt.edu

I'm looking right now....just reposting to see what others said. Thank
you

jnb0012@unt.edu

Got it Mike. Thanks. One more question, is there a way to say
<!--#include virtual="filename"--> and have that filename be a string I
created?

Thanks again

jnb0012@unt.edu

Got that too...I'm good. Thanks to you both