Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP Error

ASP Error

Stan Sainte-Rose

Hi,

I've just installed vs2005 and I have some problems to handle errors from my
old asp pages.
Before, IIS 6 told me on which line the error occurs, and right now I only
get an 500 error page.

Any help ?

Stan

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Stan Sainte-Rose wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed vs2005 and I have some problems to handle errors
> from my old asp pages.
> Before, IIS 6 told me on which line the error occurs, and right now I
> only get an 500 error page.
>
> Any help ?

Make sure your browser has "Friendly Errors" turned off.
Use IIS Manager to turn off Friendly error messages in your Application
configuration dialog.
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Stan Sainte-Rose

Yes it did...
And what is strange is when I try the website from another computer (where
VS2005 is not installed), I get the error with the line.

Stan

"Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)...
> Stan Sainte-Rose wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just installed vs2005 and I have some problems to handle errors
>> from my old asp pages.
>> Before, IIS 6 told me on which line the error occurs, and right now I
>> only get an 500 error page.
>>
>> Any help ?
>>

> Make sure your browser has "Friendly Errors" turned off.
> Use IIS Manager to turn off Friendly error messages in your Application
> configuration dialog.
> http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109
>
> --
> Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
> "NO SPAM"

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Stan Sainte-Rose wrote:
> Yes it did...

Huh? I don't think I asked a question that would have elicited this
reply. I made two suggestions for you to follow, as well as providing a
link to an article explaining how to follow them. Did you follow them?
Is your problem solved?

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Stan Sainte-Rose