Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission

Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission

hames.bond@gmail.com

G'day,

I have 2 Win2K servers, 1 is my database server, 1 runs IIS

On the IIS machine I have an ASP.NET 2 application that makes a call to
a proprietry 3rd party COM Object/DLL that makes a call to a database
on server number 2.

When the DLL call is run, I get
"Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission" error and thats all it says.

Does anybody have any idea how I get around this? Im a newbie to ASP
and have full trust set in the web.config file.

Thanks in advance!

Bob Barrows [MVP]

> G'day,
>
> I have 2 Win2K servers, 1 is my database server, 1 runs IIS
>
> On the IIS machine I have an ASP.NET 2 application that makes a call
> to a proprietry 3rd party COM Object/DLL that makes a call to a
> database on server number 2.
>
> When the DLL call is run, I get
> "Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission" error and thats all it says.

It sounds like you need to check with the writer of that dll.

> Does anybody have any idea how I get around this? Im a newbie to ASP
> and have full trust set in the web.config file.

of the previous questions before posting yours - always a recommended
practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears very little
resemblance to classic ASP so,
while you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who
can answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your
suggest microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"