Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Itemplate not accepting postback in data-bound templated control

Itemplate not accepting postback in data-bound templated control

cosine... zero

Hi!

I've got a databound templated control that I want the itemplate class
itself to be postback aware to process form data.

But calling Page.RegisterRequiresPostBack( instantiatedtemplate ) doesn't
seem to force a postback. I've put this in OnInit, OnPreRender, OnLoad...
nothing.

Currently I'm trying this:

'CreateChildControls
Dim EditControl As New EditForm
EditRecord.InstantiateIn(EditControl) 'Edit Record is the Itemplate
property
EditControl.DataItem = Me.DataItem
Controls.Add(EditControl)
Page.RegisterRequiresPostBack(EditControl)
EditControl.DataBind()

Still nothing. Is there any reason why an ITemplate couldn't be registered
for postback in this manner (or in OnInit, etc)?

Thanks!

Jim Ankrom